Alice in Wonderland (Royal Collector's Edition) (Illustrated) (Case Laminate Hardcover with Jacket) Inbunden – 15 November 2020
Förbättra ditt köp
Journey with Alice down the rabbit hole into a world of wonder where oddities, logic and wordplay rule supreme. Encounter characters like the grinning Cheshire Cat who can vanish into thin air, the cryptic Mad Hatter who speaks in riddles and the harrowing Queen of Hearts obsessed with the phrase "Off with their heads!" This is a land where rules have no boundaries, eating mushrooms will make you grow or shrink, croquet is played with flamingos and hedgehogs, and exorbitant trials are held for the theft of tarts. Amidst these absurdities, Alice will have to find her own way home.
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland began as a story told to three little girls in a rowboat, near Oxford. Ten year old Alice Liddell asked to have the story written down and two years later it was published with immediate success. Carroll's unique play on logic has undoubtedly led to its lasting appeal to adults, while remaining one of the most beloved children's tales of all time. This edition is complete with all 42 original illustrations by Sir John Tenniel.
This case laminate collector's edition includes a Victorian inspired dust-jacket.
Köps ofta tillsammans
- Utgivare : Royal Classics (15 November 2020)
- Språk : Engelska
- Inbunden : 108 sidor
- ISBN-10 : 177437854X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1774378540
- Läsarålder : Bebis - 12 år
- Rangordning för bästsäljare: #27,619 i Böcker (Visa Topp 100 i Böcker)
Populäraste recensionerna från andra länder
- If you're like me and prefer a hardback book to a paperback, this will serve well enough.
- The typeface on the pages is a mix of Arial Black and Times New Roman. While the Times New Roman font is commonplace, the inclusion of Arial Black seems somewhat basic. Generally speaking though, the typeface is comfortably readable and easy on the eye.
- The price is fairly reasonable for the quality, in my opinion. I bought this one for approx. £20 - Ideally I'd set the RRP at £15. In terms of price however, you may be better suited with the quality of a Barnes and Noble copy.
- The dust-jacket on my copy has been cut with no real care or attention, as if someone placed a ruler over the sheet of paper and tore it as opposed to a clean slice.
- The border art on the outer covers and dust-jacket are not sharp (they are 'fuzzy').
- The title of the story is printed on the spine of the book, however the size of the font is around 5 which makes it almost unreadable. This would be a concern if you wanted to collect more than one of these books and you housed them together. You would be unable to discern which book you were selecting.
Overall, if you wanted a copy of this story for use as a display or gift, you've be much better matched with a copy by Folio or Barnes and Noble. If you need a generic copy of the book to use and abuse, this is not a bad contender.
The worst problem is that after Alice in Wonderland, Alice Through the Looking-Glass starts immediately --- and stops within a few pages. No warning, no explanation, nothing at the end to say you'll have to buy another book (apparently not sold by this publisher, however) to finish. Very strange! Many children might think that is all there is to Looking-Glass, so I would not recommend this edition.